How To Sell A House Fast In A Slow Real Estate Market
People don’t just have the sense of sight but also four other senses that are being used every day. The sense of smell is one, which you can focus on when selling a property or staging an open house. A fragrant perfume, the aroma of bread and the smell of coffee affect people unknowingly. Don’t you just want to buy that piece of bread selling at a nearby bakery that you can smell from a distance? Thus, the sense of smell and selling a house are connected in many ways. Here are some tips on how to sell a house fast in a slow market by targeting the sense of smell.
· Clean the house to get rid of bad odors. A house that is unclean may have a lingering smell brought about by pets, food and garbage. Covering up a bad stench by spraying perfume may not really solve the problem. Thus, cleaning the house to eliminate bad odors is a good start in attracting people to buy a house. Take away the trash, change the sheets, scrub the floor clean and clean the toilet. Focus on areas where stench is the strongest. Cleaning gives you a lot of benefits. You not only take away bad odors but also make the house more visually appealing.
· Choose natural fragrances. A heavy perfume such as those found in air fresheners may not exactly be a good idea as they often come out too strong. Instead use natural, light and neutral aromas. Essential oils placed inside vaporizers are good choices as these fragrances often make people feel good. Two good choices are eucalyptus and lavender essential oils. A house that smells very refreshing can encourage a person more to buy it.
· Bake chocolate chip cookies or bread with cinnamon. Doesn’t the smell of chocolate chip cookies just make your mouth water? This kind of smell also reminds people of the soothing comforts of home; thus, making a house more appealing. Bake cookies or bread before your guests arrive in order to effectively sell a house. Serve the cookies as well to your guests together with refreshing drinks with types of property.
· Use freshly washed sheets and towels. Have you noticed that unused sheets or sheets that are newly bought have a certain smell that can turn people off? Thus, comforters that are newly dry cleaned or sheets that are freshly washed are better alternatives in dressing up a bed.
· Use a product that removes the smell of paint. If you’re selling a house that is newly painted, chances are high that the smell of paint may still be there. This may be a real turnoff especially to those who find the smell of paint revolting. Find products that you can use to absorb the smell of paint. Ask suggestions from hardware stores or use items in your kitchen such as vinegar, onion and charcoal.
One of the main objectives when you are putting your house on the market is to sell it fast. Of course, a house that remains unsold for a long time may not just be disappointing; it may also give buyers an idea that there is something wrong with the property. If you need a little help on how to sell a house fast in a slow real estate market, here are some tips and suggestions that you may want to consider.
Selling A House In A Buyers Market Uk
1. Make your house ready for the market. If you want a quick sale, then you must aim on attracting the most number of potential buyers to check out your home. Of course, the more people who get to see the place, the more the higher is chance of disposing the property at the soonest possible time. Having lots of potential buyers also increase your chances of getting the best price for your home, which is another important goal in your selling.
2. Do the repairs and get rid of clutter. One common mistake in selling your home is to leave it as it is when you left it. You may be too excited to move to a new house, but if you want to sell your old home fast, you have to invest time on making it more attractive to potential buyers. In this tight economy when people are not into buying homes, it is important to make your home appealing to a few who are looking for a new home. Put yourself in the shoes of the buyer. Check out the things that you would most likely to inspect in buying a house. If you find things that need repair, you may want to invest on it.
3. Home staging as an option. Aside from doing the needed repairs, you might want to take the option of staging a home. Home staging is a very good option to sell your house fast and at the best price. You may want to hire home staging professionals to make your house look like brand new and set up furniture for buyers to see the potential of your house. You can even do the home staging yourself. Although this requires a little investment on your part, it can however pay off if you get the best price for your home.
4. It’s all about the price. Indeed, the main factor you have to consider on how to sell your house fast is having the right price for your property. The mistake of overpricing your house can be a main factor in making it sit in the market for long. Setting the right price involves a little research on the price of other comparable homes, the price of houses in your area as well as the condition and plus factors of your property.
5. Planning your marketing strategy. To help you with the sales plan, you can hire an agent or you can do it yourself. In getting potential buyers to take a look at your home, you can place ads on media, on the internet, or by putting yard signs. Among the tips on how to selling a house in a buyers market uk is to write appealing ads, have appealing photographs of the place and highlighting the attractive features of the house. Of course, if you will hire an agent, you will also need someone who knows the neighborhood and the real property market in your area very well.
Oftentimes, people buy property that makes them feel good for unexplained reasons. This is because a person’s 5 senses affect his decision-making process without him knowing it. The sense of smell, for instance, can bring about a feeling of nostalgia and comfort that should never be underestimated. It triggers good emotions and memories that can really help sell a house. Through the sense of smell, you may be able to find a buyer for your house more quickly and get fast return on your investment.